Wednesday, May 1, 2013

300 Prompts: [193 Anonymous] Anonymous

Prompt: Anonymous
Characters: None
World: None
Rating: G
Word Count: 156
Total Words: 19,575/20,000
Anonymous

I want everyone to know me
except everyone I know.
Anonymous.
Should I be?
I want them to say,
“Hey, come check this out!”
I want them to buy it,
not because I want their money,
even though money’s nice.
I want them
to want to
consume it.
I want them to see it
and I want them to say,
“That.
I want to look at that
everyday
on my wall.
I need that.”
I want them to want it
in their souls.
I’d give it away for free
if they gave me their love.
Anonymous.
I want to show the world.
Then,
when all the world weeps,
I can finally show
the people I know.
I will have my validation
and my validation
will validate
my courage.
But my strength is a glass wall
and all it would take
is one word.
It comes crashing down.
Anonymous.
I am.
I’ll save the best for last.

No comments:

Post a Comment